Boarding Services for Birds and Exotics
GoldenView Veterinary Hospital is equipped for boarding avian and exotic animals. We board birds, reptiles and exotic mammals. We can make excellent referrals for your cat and dog boarding needs.
While at “Camp GoldenView”, animals are lavished with attention while staying in clean, stimulating and safe facilities. We offer delicious, healthy cuisine with accompanying fresh fruits and vegetables (when appropriate). We also offer plenty of play time and shower/bath/misting while your companions stay with us.
While at “Camp GoldenView”, we can take care of all examinations, laboratory testing, or any grooming needs too, just let us know...
For your convenience, you may complete the Boarding Admission Form prior to your arrival.
(Left) Toby, a Blue and Gold Macaw, supervises the morning food prep! He's excited for the delcious and nutritious meals at Camp GoldenView!
(Right) Mango the iguana loves to camp with us!
Medical Requirements for boarding at "Camp GoldenView"
In order to ensure the safety and health of all of our "campers", the following is required for boarding:
- A complete physical examination by a GoldenView Veterinary Hospital Veterinarian
- Birds must also have: a CBC (complete blood count) and a normal fecal within the last year and have had a negative Chlamydia test.
- Reptiles and Mammals must also have: normal fecal examination within the last year.
Frequently asked questions:
What should you bring with you for boarding?
When getting your camper ready to come to Camp GoldenView, we request that you send 1-2 favorite toys along. We now offer a selection of hand made fun toys for your bird! By making a donation to "Annie's Fund" your bird can enjoy/destroy a personally selected toy while here. We have a variety of wood and PVC perches. Please send along at least one rope perch for your camper. For dry foods, we offer Harrison's products and Oxbow products. If your camper's preferred diet is different, please send that along. Every day a fresh selection of cooked grains and legumes, along with a tasty salad of greens, healthy vegetables, sprouts and fruits is offered. You are welcome to bring along any fresh items that may spoil while your camper is here and we will incorporate that in our daily feeding.
What hours can you drop off and pick up your camper?
- Our Boarding Coordinator is here from 8am-12pm Monday-Friday. Ideally, we recommend dropping off and picking up between these hours. If you are unable to drop off or pick up during these hours, our normal business hours are Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri from 8am-6pm, Wed from 8am-8pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm for checking in. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing so we may get your pet checked in. We have other excellent staff that will be available in the Boarding Coordinator's absence to answer any questions.
- We are not open on Sunday for drop offs or pick ups.
- Please allow 10 minutes to complete your boarding agreement and to check in your "camper" when dropping off.
- Just a reminder to bring an emergency phone number for you while your "camper" is boarding here.
For your convenience, you may complete the Boarding Admission Form prior to your arrival by downloading the form at our website: www.goldenviewvet.com.
- We will provide each camper with a camp diary so you get a "snapshot" of your camper's stay here.
- Frequent boarding program: we will give you a frequent boarding punch card that entitles you to receive your camper's 15th night free when staying with us for 14 nights. Please remember to bring your punch card with you each time. Please also remember to present your punch card to our Client Service Representatives prior to being checked out to ensure credit for your free stay.
- We welcome you calling to see how your camper is doing while staying with us.
- Parents are not allowed in any of the boarding areas for the safety of the campers, clients and staff. If a parent would like to set up their bird's cage, we will allow this in an exam room if one is available. This also assures you that your camper will only be exposed to GVH staff while staying with us.
Looking for Dog Boarding? We recommend http://www.campbowwow.com/